Southwest Schools Receives “SUPERIOR” Rating
The Southwest School District has received a Rating of “SUPERIOR” from the Texas Education Agency for its 2015-2016 fiscal year School FIRST (Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas) for its excellence in fiscal management according to state guidelines.
Southwest Schools business department continues to strive for excellence and transparency. This state award is evident that employees are committed to financial responsibility and to meeting state guidelines. The School First Report is based on 20 indicators which gives a district a numerical value. The purpose of the financial accountability rating system, known as the School Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST), is to ensure that open-enrollment charter schools are held accountable for the quality of their financial management practices and that they improve those practices. The system is designed to encourage Texas public and charter schools to better manage their financial resources in order to provide the maximum allocation possible for direct instructional purposes. To view the 2013-2014 District Status Detail report, click the document below.
Accountability for public schools in Texas is conducted and managed by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) through various measures or systems to determine the effectiveness of districts, charter schools, and campuses in (1) supporting student achievement and (2) managing data, information, programs, and financial aspects of the school system.
- School FIRST Rating 2015-2016
- Highly Qualified Public Report of Progress
- Highly Qualified Public Report of Progress (Spanish)
2016 Accountability Rating: MET STANDARD | 2016-2017 Accreditation Status: ACCREDITED
Community and Student Engagement Evaluation Results
State Accountability Profiles
Federal School Report Card
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – Empowerment High School
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – Southwest Bissonnet Elementary
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – Southwest Discovery Middle School
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – Southwest Mangum Elementary
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – Southwest Phoenix Schools
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – Southwest Schools
- 2016-17 Federal Report Card – State
- Report Card Definitions
Texas Academic Performance Report
- 2016-2017 TAPR Bissonnet Elementary
- 2016-2017 TAPR Discovery Middle School
- 2016-2017 TAPR Empowerment High School
- 2016-2017 TAPR Mangum Elementary
- 2016-2017 TAPR Phoenix
- TAPR Glossary
Notice of Filing
Superintendent Salary Data
For further information or questions about specific scores, please contact:
Josefa Oilvares, Chief Chief Operations, Accountability, & Compliance Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.